*From:* Jeremy <mailto:icu8it2@...>
*To:* main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
*Sent:* Friday, October 07, 2016 2:56 PM
*Subject:* Re: [TechTalk] Handling Call Waiting Calls With iPhones

Normally you've got two options, depending on if you're using a wired
headset or using the phone without.

Using a wired headset, the earpods as my example, as that's what I'm
most used to, it's pretty self explanatory. You press the middle button
as soon as you get the sound for the incoming call. It should then
change over to the new call. When you get ready to change back, you can
press the middle button again, but this is where it can sometimes be
weird. There are times where it changes back over to the call I had
before, as you'd expect and there are others that it changes over to the
previous call, but leaves it on hold. If it leaves it on hold, you can
locate the hold button on the screen and double tap it to resume the call.

When you are using the phone without a headset, the process is pretty
similar, just that you need to activate one of the buttons on the
screen, either to end your call and change over to the new one or place
your current call on hold and change over. When you want to change back,
you need to go through the same steps as I mentioned before, locate the
hold button and double tap it to take the previous call off hold. I will
note though that it is often necessary, when you get ready to locate the
hold button to first activate the hide button to close the dialpad and
show the other buttons.

It may also be that you can use the two-finger double tap gesture to
change back and forth from call t call, just as you can to answer/hang
up on one, but I find the other way to be more reliable. On IOS10, I've
found that there are a fair amount of times that the two-finger double
tap doesn't register correctly, yet another bug, me thinks.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,

We're using the SE model iPhones. How do you handle call waiting on
iPhones? If I'm on the phone & I have an
incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
up on
that call without hanging up on my original call? All help will be
greatly
appreciated. Thanks much.
Take care.
Mike