Re: Exactly what really does happen if I reset Windows10 on a new Dell laptop?

Carlos

This article describes the options for the "Reset" feature in Windows 10.  Sorry, I don't currently have 10 installed so I wasn't able to provide this information first hand.
Specifically where it says,

 Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to Settings > Update & security >
Reset this PC > Get started and choose an option.

Option
What it does

Keep my files

This reinstalls Windows 10, but keeps your personal files and any apps that came with your PC. It removes:

Changes you made to settings

Apps and drivers you installed

Remove everything

This reinstalls Windows 10 and any apps that came with your PC. It removes:

Personal files

Changes you made to settings

Apps and drivers you installed

If you're planning to donate, recycle, or sell your PC, use this option and choose to fully clean the drive. This might take an hour or two, but it makes it harder for other people to recover files you've removed.

Restore factory settings

This reinstalls the version of Windows that came on your PC and any apps that came with it. It removes:

Personal files

Changes you made to settings

Apps and drivers you installed

 This option isn't available on all PCs.
Note
•   If you reset your PC within a month of your upgrade to Windows 10, the option in Settings that lets you go back to your previous version of Windows
will no longer be available.