Re: How to reply privately

Gene

It should also be pointed out that to move to the from line in thunderbird, when you open a message, you can't just start shift tabbing.  It appears you have to tab once first, then shift tab a number of times to get to the from line.

Gene

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to reply privately

I don't use Thunderbird but I have it on my machine so I can try to see how things are done.  I hate to tell you, but you have been doing things the hard way.

Open the message, shift tab to the from field, and then open the context menu.  Up or down arrow, I think up arrowing is faster but I didn't check carefully, and you will get to an item that says something like send a message to.  but instead of just stopping on that item, it would be a good idea to go through the entire menu and see what options, in addition to the send message option, are available.  When you are working with something and you can't see an easy way to do something, or even if you can see an easy way, opening the context menu and looking around is a good idea.  I'm speaking in general, not just Thunderbird.