firefox add on questions

Keith S

Okay, I've upgraded to Firefox 40. something and now wuld like to know how to find and install add-ons. In the past I have tried to use the add-on drop down menu from the top of the window, but when I clicked on an add-on I wished to install, nothing seemed to happen. Is there an easier way to find and install add-ons.

Also, I am so used to using internet explorer 8 (windows xp) with the clicks and what not, is there some way to have firefox mimic the sounds when pages load, when you click on a link, etc?)

Thanks much