Re: hot key listener

Pamela Dominguez

I don’t know how this applies.  Mine says hotkey listener, and doesn’t say anything about an error.  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] hot key listener

See this article.

There is a valid program but as with a lot of other exe files, malware can use the name to help it subvert systems.  If you are using good antimalware programs, you'd probably know if it was malware.  It may well not be but your question asked if it is malware and I'm saying that since a lot of malware uses the same names as legitimate programs or processes, the question can't be answered as you wish.

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:06 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] hot key listener

Does anybody know what this is?  A couple of times when I have started this laptop, when window eyes starts, and gives me the beginning tip of the day, sometimes, something will either interrupt it or come before or just after the tip of the day that says hot key listener.  Is this some kind of key logger that I have somehow gotten on this computer?  I have never heard of it.  Pam.