Re: how can i link my 2 windows 7 computers for transferring files to one another

Carlos

Also, it is worth noting that if you have a flash drive or other external drive, you can use it to transfer files as well.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how can i link my 2 windows 7 computers for transferring files to one another

There are a couple of ways of doing this.  Using a USB bridge/data transfer cable, an ethernet/network crossover cable, or using file sharing over your network.  The last method is a bit tricky to set up for less experienced users, but it is also the least expensive and won't require additional equipment if you are already using a router.  I can send you instructions if you want to make the attempt, but you have to follow the instructions precisely or it won't work.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:46 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] how can i link my 2 windows 7 computers for transferring files to one another

I do hope there is a way to somehow link my computers since my external seems to not want to work today.  I want to transfer files and even windows live mail data that my desktop holds, as I will be solely needing the laptop for awhile.  I know people have something called home network or home group, but I really don't want this to be a public thing, just these 2 computers being able to transfer files to one another.

Thank you for any help.

Joanne

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.