Re: burning a video file to disk with windows 8.1.

Jim Rawls

I guess what I want to do is convert with a standard video format. I do a lot of lecturing, and I want to use video files. And I need to make one correction to my first email. I do not have a picture on the file I downloaded. Here is what I did. I found the file I want on YouTube.

I ran it, and while it was running, I copied the address to my address bar.

I then closed YouTube and went to free make.

When it said copy the web site button, I pasted the address from the address bar into free make. Then, I hit download, and waited a couple minutes, and found it in the folder I asked it to go too. But my sighted wife says there is no picture. There is sound, but what do I do to make sure I download a sound and picture, another words,  the video as it is shown on YouTube? Jim

Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:18 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] burning a video file to disk with windows 8.1.

Do you want to burn the video file to a standard data disc or do you want to convert it to the DVD format to create a disc playable on standalone DVD players?  Technically even though the latter is also a data disc, there is still a difference.  And to confuse the issue even further, there are now many DVD players which will play video files burned to a standard data disc without the need to convert them to the DVD format.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:19 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] burning a video file to disk with windows 8.1.

Hi all,

I have downloaded a video file from YouTube with free make. There is a picture. Now, how do I burn it to a disk? Do I need another program to-do it or can I use something on this computer? I am using windows 8.1 jaws 17 beta.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.