Re: Program Manager In Windows 7

Michael Mote

Hi Mike!  It sounds like for whatever reason, the computer does not have enough horse hpower to run what she is wanting to run.  If she is only running 4 GHZ, that could be the problem right there.  This used to happen to me frequently until I added an additional 4 GHZ of Ram to my system. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 7:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Program Manager In Windows 7

Hi Carlos, & Michael,

I did go into msconfig on her computer & turn off 5 or 6 things on the Start-up tab, but the Program Manager still keeps coming up.  She is a member of this list, so hopefully she'll read this thread & possibly have someone look at her computer to see what is causing the problem.  Thanks much.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 12:55 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Program Manager In Windows 7

Program Manager is the internal name used by the main explorer.exe process.  The internal name is a remnant from old versions of Windows.  This process is  basically responsible for most of the Windows graphical shell including the desktop.  Usually this is only seem when there is some kind of problem such as the explorer.exe process freezing up or crashing.  I'm not sure what would be causing the problem in this particular case, but you cannot disable this process from running at startup since without it you would essentially have no graphical shell/interface.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:50 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Program Manager In Windows 7

Hi All,

I was helping someone via Tandem earlier today, & it seemed like everytime you went somewhere on her computer the damn Program Manager window would get in the way.  She told me that most of the time when this window pops up that she can't get away / out of it, & has to reboot her computer.  Is there a setting in msconfig, Administrative Tools / Services, or anywhere else that can be changed to get rid of this pain in the ass window?  She's running Windows 7 & Jaws 16 / 17.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.