Re: talking tv sets, a different idea

Mich Verrier

hi I to would like to know this as well and also if any of these tv's are sold in canada? from mich.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Wolf
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] talking tv sets, a different idea

can you tell me the cheapest tv that would have the talking feature?

from samsung?
thanks
Hank

On 11/23/2016 7:52 PM, Chris G wrote:
Hi,

The 2016 Samsung TV's have voice guide built in.

When setting up the TV for the first time, it will scan the connected cable for channels. I have Verizon FIoS local, it connects directly to the TV without a cable box or converter connected. I only get over the air channels.
Because of my setup I can scan channels, connect the TV to my wifi, know what channel I'm on as well as read the guide, among other things.

The channels and guide will not talk if you are using a cable or satellite box. the boxes would need to talk in order for the channels and guide to talk.

During first time setup (at least on my TV) you hold the CC button to enable accessibility features. You can set up the TV independent without sight.

also if I have an apple TV, Fire TV etc connected, the TV will tell me when switching to the proper HDMI input.