Re: SodaStream usability

Brent Harding

What you actually do is to carbonate the water in the bottle, and then you can add just about anything you want to the carbonated water in the bottle, just that for obvious reasons, the machine would get gunked up if you tried to carbonate juice or other things. The less stuff we have to get up to the 8th floor, the better, and not carrying cases of soda saves on that aspect.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] SodaStream usability

I don't know how much cartridges cost but I would think that over time, making your own would be cheaper.  Then too, there is the matter of convenience.  As someone who does his own shopping and carrying, it would be much more convenient to have small cartridges I can use to make my own carbonated water and a machine than to repeatedly have to carry large bottles of heavy liquid.  Even if I had someone shopping with me and providing transportation, the machine would be more convenient than purchasing many large heavy bottles and carrying them from the car to the kitchen or wherever I would keep them.

If you don't use much carbonated water, it wouldn't be worth it.  But if you do, I would think it would.

The only thing I would say is that it might be a good idea to verify in some way that you are getting safe water from your tap and get some sort of purifying device if you aren't.

Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but what is the advantage of making your own soda with this gadget?  Isn’t it a lot cheaper and easier to just buy a bottle of selzer or club soda and add your own ingredients?

Gerald