Re: SodaStream usability

Brent Harding

What you actually do is to carbonate the water in the bottle, and then you can add just about anything you want to the carbonated water in the bottle, just that for obvious reasons, the machine would get gunked up if you tried to carbonate juice or other things. The less stuff we have to get up to the 8th floor, the better, and not carrying cases of soda saves on that aspect.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] SodaStream usability

I don't know how much cartridges cost but I would think that over time, making your own would be cheaper.  Then too, there is the matter of convenience.  As someone who does his own shopping and carrying, it would be much more convenient to have small cartridges I can use to make my own carbonated water and a machine than to repeatedly have to carry large bottles of heavy liquid.  Even if I had someone shopping with me and providing transportation, the machine would be more convenient than purchasing many large heavy bottles and carrying them from the car to the kitchen or wherever I would keep them. 

If you don't use much carbonated water, it wouldn't be worth it.  But if you do, I would think it would.

The only thing I would say is that it might be a good idea to verify in some way that you are getting safe water from your tap and get some sort of purifying device if you aren't.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but what is the advantage of making your own soda with this gadget?  Isn’t it a lot cheaper and easier to just buy a bottle of selzer or club soda and add your own ingredients?

Gerald

Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Somewhere on one of these lists, those soda makers were brought up a couple of years ago.  I said that I had thought of buying one until I learned that you couldn’t use the gas cartridge to make soda out of anything; you had to use their stuff they provided.  Well, I don’t know what it’s called, or where to get it, but I was told that there was one that was made of stainless steel, and that you could put your own soda ingredients in it, like juice or whatever; you didn’t have to use premade stuff that they sold for it.  I don’t remember what that machine was and where to get it, but it also was not inaccessible.  Pam.

Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:45 PM

I have one, the one I have doesn't even plug in or anything, the little Co2 bottle screws into the back of it, and the bottle for the water screws on on the front with this heavy straw shaped thing that goes into the bottle that forces the gas in, nothing to be inaccessible about it.

Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:36 PM

hi I to would like to know a ancer to this as well. from Mich.

Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:35 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] SodaStream usability

Hello list,

Was thinking of buying a SodaStream and was wondering if anyone’s used it and if there are any issues for a blind person when using it?

The wife and I are club soda/mineral water drinkers for the most part and while she’s sighted, I’d like to be able to operate it as well.

Thanks,

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7924 / Virus Database: 4664/13477 - Release Date: 11/25/16

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.