From: Chris G
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:43 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] different options for usable u tube for the blind

Hi,
Window-eyes 9.1 and 9.2 support Chrome.

What standards doesn't ChromeVox follow?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
http://www.MysticAccess.com

Check out our eclectic and comprehensive assistive technology podcasts at:
http://www.MysticAccessPodcast.com

Contact:

Phone: (716) 543-3323
Direct Line: (716) 670-1221
Facebook: mysticaccessempower
Twitter: MysticAccess
733 Delaware Rd 341
Buffalo, NY 14223

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 01:15:41 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

If people want to play with Chromevox that's fine but I doubt that it will
make youtube more accessible. Chromevox doesn't use any of the practices
and conventions other screen-readers have used for years. In my opinion,
it is less efficient in how its interface allows you to move through web
pages.

The Chrome browser can be used with NVDA and JAWS. I'm not sure if
Window-eyes has finally added support or not. You can read user comments
much better with Chrome but Firefox and Internet Explorer may be made to
do so as well. I don't know but there may be something you can add to
those browsers that will allow this.

As far as working with commands such as pausing, playing, jumping forward
or back, those commands can all be used with Internet Explorer, firefox or
Chrome.

I may write some instructions in an upcoming message.