Re: GMX Email Account, How I Got It Activated

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Mike, I think I have found the setting that lets you get rid of messages. You need to go to settings and then find the option that says forwarding and pop3. Once you do this, arrow down the page and you will see something that reads like this. When messages are accessed with pop, do the following. One of the options is delete Gmail’s copy. Let me know if this is what you need.

From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] GMX Email Account, How I Got It Activated

Hi John,

Thank you very much for these steps, but I already have Gmail configured for Outlook Express.  What we were discussing is a possible setting that would automatically move messages from the In-box to the trash folder.  I was told the setting might be here, but I didn't find it,
On GMAIL, if you go basic HTML, then go settings, and from there,go to account, I believe, the setting will be there.

This topic came up when I told someone that I didn't like using Gmail because even though I have my email client set not to leave a copy on the server it still does, & so every so often I have to go to Gmail & remove all the messages in the In-box manually, which I use a filter for doing that.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.
From: Mike B.  <mike9902@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:38 pm

> Hi Rajmund,

> 1. How do you have Gmail move the clients copy to the trash folder by
default?  I don't have much experience with making settings changes on the
Gmail website.  What I do is go on the website from time to time, & create a
filter that deletes all messages in the In-box.

> 2. What smtp settings are you using for GMX?  On the server tab smtp
should be, mail.gmx.com

> On the Advanced tab for smtp / Outgoing the recommended setting of, 587,
didn't work for me, but, 465, does.

> Note: I don't know what happened, but this morning my GMX account would
only receive, & not send.  I left it alone while my wife & I ran some
errands, & when we got back it was sending messages again.  I had tried port
numbers 25, 26, 465, & 587 early this morning for smtp Outgoing on the
Advanced tab, & none of them would work.  But like I said, when we got back
a little while ago GMX is now sending messages using port 465.  I sure hope
this account stays working consistently!  LOL