Re: Accessible encryption software

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Jeremy, if you can dig up those Emails, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:50 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible encryption software

Hi Sylvia,
As far as I've been able to find, Veracrypt is probably your best
option. Although you can still download the latest working version of
truecrypt, it's development was stopped a ways back and a few others
apparently have picked up the code and continued on with it. If you're
familiar with using TC's interface, then Veracrypt is going to be pretty
much exactly the same.
https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/

A little while ago on list, I'd asked a similar question and also had
some wonderful suggestions for other ones to try. I can dig up those
emails and post them here if you'd like to read them too.
Take care.

On 9/23/2015 6:26 PM, Sylvia wrote:
Hi group, I would like some advice on accessible software that can be used
to encrypt files and folders. I have several folders stored in my dropbox
account that I would like to encrypt but I don't want to move the folders
out of db since its important that they be backed up regularly. Can anyone
recommend a program that will accomplish this task? I've heard of true crypt
but I'm not sure if its still being updated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sylvia.