Re: RansomFree - Protect your computer from ransomware #software #freeware

Gene

If this program is effective and is based on behavior rather than on program signature, that raises the question of how easy it might be for malware programmers to somehow circumvent the program.  I'm not a tech and this is my generalization, which may be too broad but it's my understanding that there is a way around anything.  So if this program becomes popular, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, malware programmers can work around it.  Malware programmers have already designed malware that can elude detection by somehow installing itself in ways that even behavior algorithms don't see, as I recall the little I've read about this.

I hope there is discussion of this question.  It just sounds too good to be true, or true for long without a cat and mouse game beginning.

From: Carlos
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:01 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] RansomFree - Protect your computer from ransomware

Here is an interesting security tool which might be worth a look.

Description from SnapFiles:

Cybereason RansomFree is a security application that protects you from ransomeware, which are malicious programs that
encrypt the files on your computer, making them inaccessible, and demand a ransom payment to restore access. Cybereason RansomFree watches the way applications
interact with files, and when it detects ransomware behavior, it stops it immediately before the files are encrypted. The application uses pure behavioral
detection techniques and does not rely on malware signatures. Once you install RansomFree, you are automatically protected, there is no interface and no
configuration options other than a tray icon that indicates that the protection is active.

Homepage: