Re: disabling the mouse drivers

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi Mike,
Yep, windows-x, device manager, tab once, get to mouse, expand it, down arrow to the driver, context menu key (if applicable) and disable. But no disable option here.

Sent from a Braille Sense

----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Friday, December 23, 2016 1:36 am
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] disabling the mouse drivers

Hi Rajmund,

Go to the Device Manager via the control panel. Or, try Windows key + Pause key, then tab to, Device Manager, press enter, & tab 1 time into the Tree Biew. This is how I get there with Windows7, & hope you can get there with these steps.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:13 PM

Hi Mike,
If I go through the device manager, from the context menu, is that the same device manager? Because if yes, there's no disable driver. It's a Samsung specific, my HP did use the same which Gene has, but can't recall it's name right now.

Date: Friday, December 23, 2016 12:53 am

Hi Rajmund,

Approach 2 - Device Manager

Open the Control Panel, then go to System > Device Manager. Navigate to the Mouse Option, right click on it, and click Disable.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:32 PM

Is disabling it through the device manager, the one through mouse settings, or the one, which you access through windows-x?

Date: Friday, December 23, 2016 12:27 am

Also, which method in that article did you try? There were several described and disabling it in Device Manager should usually work and be retained between reboots.
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:23 PM

Look in the system tray for whatever is relevant. I did this a long time ago on my Windows 7 machine. I don't know if you will see a specific item for your touch pad or something more general but I believe you will see something for your touch pad. Open the item and look for the relevant setting. that will probably work.

gene

Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:01 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] disabling the mouse drivers

Oh, while I'm at it, any ideas about this one? I can disable the mouse driver no problem, and I hit apply, and everything, but the next time I reboot, the driver reactivates. What's happening here, and more importantly, how do I, for once and all, stop this crap from keep reenabling itself? While writing my TB error, I lost focus 3 damn times. This should, according to google, work. http://www.howtogeek.com/220149/how-do-you-permanently-disable-the-touchpad-on-a-laptop/
Except that it doesn't, I presume because am on windows 8.1, latest NVDA. Oh, it's Samsung, already had troubles with the f keys having unusual functions, so wouldn't be surprised, if this has a trick, too.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.