From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lenron
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 1:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] my dell laptop

I would rather speck out my machine and not have to worry about it for a while. So good luck hope you enjoy the new purchase. I am planning on upgrading myself pretty soon. My old laptop is going on 5 years old and getting a bit slow. If I knew then what I do now I would have gotten a better computer at the time.

On 12/22/16, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I definitely understand. I spec out my machines as well. I'm not
criticizing you for your choice of a machine.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016, 22:31 Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes ! that is what I will do when I get it tomorrow. Yes it was an
over kill. The quad core and 16 GB of ram . I did also get a SD drive in it.
could got off a little cheaper by say 500 bucks maybe by going down
to a dual core I5 processer and 8 GB of ram and scaling down to W10
home instead of Pro. I could have save d even more money by going
from 512 GB SD to aa
250 GB SD. But I don’t buy PC very often usually around every decade
as that is when I see the specs change enough to make a real
difference. Or the PC dies and it cost more to fix it then it is worth.

It is like my old dell laptop latitude it is around a decade old and
it is not worth me up grading as old as it is . It has XP on it so I
would have to buy W10 to put on it and it has only 2 GB of ram but
will take up to 4 GB of ram. It is a 32 bit system. It has an old
7200 rpm HD and it is I think only 80 GB of storage maybe 160 GB of
storage.

So more than likely I will donate it to the blind Services or to the
computers for the blind and let them worry about it.

So if this is what I was told then I in hope to have it around a decade.
This new laptop.

I will keep you all posted and tell you what I got when I get it.

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com