Re: my dell laptop

Nimer Jaber

One thing... I would put the shelf life for any laptop to be right at five-seven years. This is for an average individual that bounces the laptop around, puts their machine to daily use, etc etc. Also, laptops are lighter and thinner, and that does not necessarily translate to better... many components are harder to replace, and heat simply put is the death of electronics. Things that help a bit are lower-voltage processors, better materials, better cooling... Still though. I don't see too many laptops that last more than five to seven years. I am saying that knowing that I will get ten responses of people telling me that I am wrong, but this is my experience as a technology trainer and as one that has been working with hardware for years. The reasons I see for maxing out a machine are that your machine will be capable of whatever you want to throw at it for a long time, you won't have to worry about your machine being too slow because of hardware, and for your own happiness and delight in using a machine that flies... reasons against are that the processor is very much over-specked, and more and more is turning to the cloud... cloud-based apps require a reliable internet connection and a good amount of ram to keep multiple tabs open, but a server somewhere is doing much of the heavy lifting. Your computer needs to render that content.

Thanks. I hope this helps out someone.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 1:35 AM Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:
Well yes I see either getting a much less PC and replacing it every 2 or 3 years or getting one spec out mostly and not have to worry usually for about a decade. Either way it comes out about the same somewhere around 150 to 200 a year . my 2 gran laptop if it goes 10 years that is 200 bucks a year. If I bought a 600 buck PC and it last 3 years it is about the same price per year.
the

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lenron
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 1:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] my dell laptop

I would rather speck out my machine and not have to worry about it for a while. So good luck hope you enjoy the new purchase. I am planning on upgrading myself pretty soon. My old laptop is going on 5 years old and getting a bit slow. If I knew then what I do now I would have gotten a better computer at the time.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832