Troubles installing JAWS18

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hello,
So, as we all know, having a secondary screen reader, is always useful to have. That's exactly what am trying here. Windows 8.1, 64 bit, and have a 64 bit of JAWS. Every time I try installing, I get The JAWS setup package can not 'install the required component, runtime JAWS. Running it as admin made no change. And again, this worked on windows 10 just fine, so I'm slightly confused as to why not now. I've not tried 17, to be fair. Although I don't suppose it would make a difference.
Actually, http://webaim.org/discussion/mail_thread“thread=5165
Except that redownloading it here did no difference.
And since it doesn't even load the speaking installer, it's not an authorisation issue. Tried removing all remains of freedom scientific, as well as the registry, but still no luck.

Sent from a Braille Sense