Re: more on my dell laptop PC

Matt

Going to take a closer look but it looking like two cores with 2 processers on each core. It is a I7  7th gen processers , but it is saying 4 of the processers @ 2.67 GHZ turbo boost up to 3.5 GHZ  which I would think each processer is turbo boost to that .  What I have is the Dell XPS 9360 laptop with I 7  7th gen processer and 16 GB ram and 512 GB SD in it. But I think as small as this thing is would be hard to get 4 cores in it. 13 inch display touch screen . but it weighs  only 2pounds 14.2 ounces . It is much lighter and smaller than the mac book 13 inch air is.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2016 1:42 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more on my dell laptop PC

Hi,

A USB C port feels a bit like lightning port on new iPhones.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:39 PM

Ok so back to the c port it would look like and feel like an end to a dvmi cable or the female that slot it goes into?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:53 PM

Hi,

A Thunderbolt port looks sort of like a mini version of a modern monitor cable port but can transfer things fast.

Power Share refers to the ability for a USB port to power a device when the computer is off (for example, when charging your phone).

The lock slot might be Kensington security lock slot where you attach a cable to secure the computer to a surface.

As for processor, you may have a dual-core processor with Hyper-Threading on (this is a way for a single physical processor core to work with two programs or threads at once). To verify my hypothesis, we need to know exactly what the processor model is (Device Manager should say that) – that is, we need to know the exact model of this CPU so we can tell you if it is truly a quad-core (as some may have claimed) or is a Hyper-Threaded dual-core.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2016 7:54 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] more on my dell laptop PC

Well got my laptop today and been working o it.

Now it say it in the device manager under processers it has 4 processers all at 2.7 GHZ . It say nothing about cores. Or I don’t know where to look at.

So now some questions: (1) this thing seems to have only two USB ports. One on each side.   Here is what it is saying: 2 USB 3.0 - 1 w/PowerShare
1 SD card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
1 Headset jack
1 Noble lock slot
1 Thunderbolt™ 3 supports: Power in / charging, PowerShare, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps bi-directional), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps), VGA, HDMI, Ethernet and USB-A via Dell Adapter

So what is this Thunderbolt™ and what does it look like or atleast feel like? I assume you have to have adapter to use this like a USB port?

Also what is : 1 w/PowerShare and what does it look like and feel like maybe?

What in the heck is a Noble lock slot?

There is also on the left side feels like a button and pushes in like one but don’t seem to popop out like a SD card reader  it only seems to push in and seems to do nothing. But I think there is a tiny hole maybe for speakers or mic  or line in maybe. So maybe this button changes between them depending on what you got plut in to them?

Another question is there any way to turn off the laptop display? I can go into device manager and disable it but don’t know what would happen. Do they make a third party say screen curtain that would just black out the display? Like on your iPhone or mac if you had one?

Thanks for any input!

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.