Re: These 6 Women Undergrads At MIT Invented A Game Changer For The Blin - forbes.comd #article

Mich Verrier

wile this is a good idea I am wating to pass judgement when and if this is able to get in the hands of your avrige blind user witch like so many ideas for blind people sadley seems to never happen for one reason or another. wile I aplode the women for thinking up this idea and getting a prototype reddy etc it still remainds to be seen if not only will the price be offordable to the avrige blind person since like the artickle says the majoridey of us my self in cluded are not working so money is always a ishu. and second most of these ideas never get past the stage of ideas or proto types and in to the hands of your avrige blind person anyways. sorry if I am a bit skeptickle but I will wate untill I can get my hands on this product to pass judgement. wile it is a good idea like I say right now that is all it seems to be is a idea and no working prodo type has been brought out to the different blind orgs around the world for testing etc.

Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 1:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] These 6 Women Undergrads At MIT Invented A Game Changer For The Blin - forbes.comd

Gene wrote in Part:

The Forbes site evidently has serious accessibility problems, ...”

I would classify them as usability issues. The site is intentionally designed that way, at least for free users.

Do you have any any opinions on the substance of the article itself? The URL was linked to in a tweet by Sight and Sound, a leading UK blindness technology products reseller. Text-to-Braille OCR is a great idea, but I fear that to implement it well will cost considerably more than $100.
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] These 6 Women Undergrads At MIT Invented A Game Changer For The Blin - forbes.comd
To see the article on one page, use this link:

It's a Google cache of the article.  The Forbes site evidently has serious accessibility problems, at least if you haven't subscribed and this Google cache bypasses these problems.  When I am confronted by a situation like this, I do a Google search for the article and try using the cache.

You probably won't see the word cache below the start of the result.  You will probably see something like a button to open a menu.  Use the menu to go to the cached page.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 9:54 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] These 6 Women Undergrads At MIT Invented A Game Changer For The Blin - forbes.comd

[I came across this article from my ‘daily’ Twitter email summary. It’s about a prototype of a text-to-braille OCR device. The article is unfortunately too complex to reproduce here, as it’s spread over two different ‘pages’ along with all the intervening headers and ads.

However, the interested reader can start by heading to

- and is the device achievable in reality at the price point of $100, that they want? But it’s an interesting prospect that may produce some interesting results over the next few years.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.