From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] These 6 Women Undergrads At MIT Invented A Game Changer For The Blin - forbes.comd

I'm not sure what you are saying. I was addressing only one point, that the word depreciated has a different meaning than depricated when deprecated is used in computer jargon and that the proper word should be used. I'm not sure if you are saying that the word deprecated shouldn't be used on the list because people may not understand it properly or confuse it with another word. But I believe that the correct word should be used and explained if the writer thinks it may be misunderstood.

Here is part of a definition for the computer jargon use of the word:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/deprecated
Deprecated means, generally, that something is acknowledged but discouraged.
In IT, deprecation means that although something is available or allowed, it is not recommended or that, in the case where something must be used, to say it is deprecated means that its failings are recognized. The term may be used with almost any element of IT, including software, hardware, methods, models and practices.
The rest of the discussion talks about its use in contexts such as computer languages. those interested may follow the link I provided and read the rest. But an example was given that HTML5 may provide ways of doing things that are better than HTML4 and the HTML4 ways, though they may still work, have been deprecated.