hi,
he came from XP, though, which didn't have the UAC prompt. narrator should have, however, read the UAC dialog.

Sent from Thunderbird

On 07/01/17 9:55 AM, Carlos wrote:
That is most likely the User Account Control AKA UAC prompt asking if
you want to allow the installation to proceed. Try running setup again
and when you hear the sound, press Alt+Y to select the
"Yes"
button. For the record, although there are certainly differences
between Windows 7, 8, and 10, they also have many basic things in
common. Most of the issues you have experienced so far are due to lack
of experience. All of the questions you have asked so far would for the
most part have received the same replies if you were running 7 or 10.

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Keith S <mailto:ks.steinbach03@gmail.com>
*To:* main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
*Sent:* Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:06 AM
*Subject:* [TechTalk] windows 8 installing programs help needed

Hi,

I took several of the suggestions offered to me regarding installing
programs and was able to install classic shell to my new windows 8
machine.

I then placed the contents of my window eyes 8.4 cd onto a thumb
drive and used the windows key plus R combo and opened the thumb
drive and found the setup.exe file and hit enter on it.

Nothing happened, but then there was some sort of sound and a new
window appeared with an okay button, but nothing else. Nothing was
read under the narrator TTS.

I am logged into the admin account, so I'm not sure what is going on
or what else I should be doing.

Kind of wish I could have gotten my hands on a windows7 or windows
10 machine, but my wife got the computer for me.

Didn't do her research I'm guessing.

Thanks for any help.

keith