Re: Is Revo no longer accessible with NVDA?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi John & Carlos,

I just installed the Free / Trial 3.18 version & yes, it will uninstall both 32 & 64 bit programs.  I tried uninstalling a program using the OCR function, & because with everything Jaws was reading I couldn't be certain I was going to remove the program I wanted, I couldn't trust it, & closed the program.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is Revo no longer accessible with NVDA?

My Revo Pro 3.1.8 software is licensed, so it uninstalls both 32 and 64 bit programs. Couldn’t say if the Trial (Free) version of Revo 3.1.8 uninstalls both architectures or not. Would have to install it on a separate machine to test this, but currently my spare laptop is in pieces, so will be a while before I could do this. Perhaps someone would be prepared to test this out?

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: 07 January 2017 00:53
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Carlos & Gene,

The accessible version, 1.95, from my experience anyways, will only access / remove programs from the Program Files X86 / 32 bit folder.  I don't have a clue about the Pro version, & hopefully John will provide more information about that version.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 3:20 PM

Probably not.  I vaguely remember that the older more accessible free version had this limitation.

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 6:14 PM

However, is the accessible version capable of seeing and uninstalling 64 bit programs?  I believe I saw discussion a few months ago here that it isn't and only sees 32 bit programs.  That's fine for a lot of programs but people may still want to know if this is the case.

Genegene 

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 2:16 PM

Hi Heather,

As I mentioned in my response to Nikola, Revo Pro v3.1.8 works with JAWS, but there are issues that only appear to be overcome by using the OCR function of JAWS. I can tab from the edit box to the list of programs and also change the search criteria, but for accessing the buttons, i.e. ‘uninstall’ etc it is necessary to use OCR. As Mike a=says, the version he kindly posted on Dropbox is fully accessible and does not require the use of OCR. Not sure if one can purchase a license for Revo v2, so cannot help in that respect. Incidentally, Revo Pro v3.1.8 is half-price at present.

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: 06 January 2017 18:50

I was told if you get the pro version with the knew revo, it was accessibil. Is this still the case? I wanted to know before I purchease the pro version of revo as I want to keep my software up to date.Thanks  Heather

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
ham call sign:
kd5cbl
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
how the blind do it:
www.blindhow.com

Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 12:23 PM

Hi Nikola,

Here's a Dropbox download link for the last very accessible version of Revo Uninstaller.

I use Jaws & don't have any problems with this version, & using the OCR function of Jaws isn't necessary with this version.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 8:20 AM

Interesting, i can't tab in this program with NVDA, it's like it's stuck in the search box for whatever reason.

Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 1:42 PM

Hi Nikola,

I am using Revo 3.1.8 which is the latest version of the software and don’t have any problems using it with JAWS. I can tab to the ‘search box’, ‘listed programs’ and ‘search type’ combo. I then use JAWS OCR to read the screen and click on the option I want, i.e. ‘uninstall’ etc.

Not used it with NVDA, perhaps someone else on the list could provide information as to the accessibility of Revo using NVDA or other screen readers.

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nikola Jovic
Sent: 06 January 2017 10:16
Subject: [TechTalk] Is Revo no longer accessible with NVDA?

Hello all, got some programs which i would like to uninstall, however their uninstallers aren't really accessible, so thought i'd use Revo. To my surprise, in the latest version NVDA only sees an edit box, which apparently is for searching, and you can't tab around the program. Object navigation and screen review also don't bring me anywhere. So a question, how do people use the program? Or if it's no longer usable, does someone have the old version which works? Thanks in advance.

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.