Re: Weird Startup Issue

Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...>

Hi List, For me, If I don’t turn my scanner on before I boot up my computer, then it will not work.

Hope you can get yours sorted out!

Vicky

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Weird Startup Issue

Turn on the scanner after the system boots up is all that comes to mind. I know it sounds simplistic, but some times that is the best route.

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:09 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Weird Startup Issue

Okay, so what’s the problem?  My Windows 7 desktop takes about two minutes to boot up from the time I press the power button to the time I hear the “JAWS is ready” announcement.  This is probably normal behavior.  It’s not as if your computer is taking five or ten minutes to boot up, so don’t worry about it.

Gerald

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Weird Startup Issue

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit & Jaws 16 latest.  A couple of months ago my computer started to take anywhere from 90 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up.  I had a tech look at it , & he didn't find anything out of the ordinary wrong, so we pretty much attributed this to possible a Windows update or something weird.  Well, I unplugged this new Epson Perfection V39 scanner just to see what would happen.  & I'll be damned, the computer booted up in less than half the time, about 45 seconds!  So, I thought that maybe since it was only using the gineric drivers Windows 7 found / installed that I would install the software to see if that would help, & it didn't.  So, what I've got is a computer that is totally booted up in 45 seconds without the scanner plugged in, & a computer that takes about 2 minutes to bootup with the scanner plugged in.  Any & all ideas / thoughts are welcome.  Thanks much.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my, iBarstool.

David Ferrin
df7782@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.