Re: safe copying from one drive to another

Carlos

LOL you don't have to search for it.  I posted the link in the first message I mentioned it, but here it is again just in case.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] safe copying from one drive to another

Ok, I’ll search for it. Thanks.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 10:54 PM

Unlike many third-party copying utilities, FastCopy actually does speed up the copying process a bit.  It also gives you more control over how and what files are copied.
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:48 PM

Yes, I copied mine with two instances of Windows Explorer. I didn’t know there wer any third-party apps for this, but it doesn’t surprised. I didn’t check for one because Explorer seemed to do just fine, even if it did take a long time.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 1:59 PM

The simplest way is to open each drive in a separate instance of Computer/Explorer and then copy/paste everything.  There is really no way to speed up the process unless you want to try a third-party copying utility like FastCopy.
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 2:55 PM

Yes their both external drives!  I am running windows7 64 bit and both drives are ntfs! Heather
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Hi Heather,

Are both the 1 TB & 3 TB drives external drives, & what operating system are you running?
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:31 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] safe copying from one drive to another

Hello, I want to transfore files from my one tb drive to my 3tb drive!  What is the best way to make sure their are no glitches!  I tried to hit applications on the file but my 3tb drive was not on the list of drives! I know their both connected to the laptop!  I already scanned the 1tb for any infections and now I want to transfore the files!  I know it will take a while, is there a way to make it faster!  Thanks, Heather
Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones
Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.