help using some usb hard drive

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi

I seem to be experiencing some troubles when trying to use some usb hard
drives on my windows 10 pro pc. I recently purchased two toshiba usb drives.
On the rear of my pc I have 6 usb ports, in two I keep two short usb
extension cables which I have near the rear of my keyboard to make it easier
for me to find and get to the usb ports for connecting usb hard drives. I
have noticed recently some of my usb hard drives are not working when I plug
them in to either of these cables but other drives or usb thumb drives do.
The two new ones I got only work when I plug them in to the two usb ports on
the front of my pc. I am not sure what is causing this problem. Is there a
limit to how many usb power hubs you can connect at once? Any ideas what is
causing this issue please?s

Regards

Adrien