From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:51 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question about arranging contact
names in Outlook contacts.

If this search works like the search in Windows Live mail
and like the search in the Windows start menu, you don't
have to waste time and effort typing full contact names.
Just type what you think will get you the name without a lot
of extraneous results. If this is a very common name or the
partial choices you might use might produce a lot of
results, then typing the full name might be the best option.
But it is often not necessary to type anywhere near the full
name. for example, typing smi will show you all results
containing the letters smi. So SJohn Smithers would come
up, as well as John Smith or if someone were named Smile
Jones, which is very unlikely but it illustrates the point,
you would see that name since you would see names containing
smi anywhere in the name.

But let's say you know you only have one smith and a lot of
people named John in the contacts. Typing smi if you only
have one or two smis will show you the result you want. Or
typing smith would only show you the one result you want.
Typing just John would show you every John result and
Johnson, if there is one. So a bit of thought can save you
a lot of typing and looking through extraneous results.

the same is true in the Windows start menu search. I so
seldom use my lap top online that I haven't bothered to
create a short cut command for opening Windows Live Mail. I
just type the word mail in the start menu. I only have one
program with the word mail so I immediately am placed on the
correct result. Typing Windows or live or Windows Live
produce more results.