Help needed opening .dox file

Nancy Hill

Hi All, I will be getting .doc files from church and I am having trouble figuring out how to open them.

I am using win 7, jaws 16 and I have Office 2013 on my PC.

When I hit enter on the doc file the body of the message does not appear...rather I get a bunch of stuff that sounds like it must be related to Word ribbons or something like that and I am not smart enough to figure out how to open the file so I can read it. I have no clue what to do.

Would some kind person tell me how to get to the actual file so I can read it?

Many, many Thanks.

Nancy