Re: Those Amazon Devices

Laz

Hi Howard,

You don't need the tablet to use the Echo. You can set it up using an
internet browser on your computer by visiting alexa.amazon.com

Yes, it responds to your voice. It's not SIRI, it's Amazon's own assistant.

If you get the Echo Dot you can connect it to Bluetooth speakers or
use a cable to connect it to your stereo.

you can learn a lot about the Echo here:

http://lovemyecho.com/2016/12/20/alexa-101-for-anyone-giving-or-getting-an-alexa-device/

Regards,

Laz

On 1/21/17, Howard Traxler <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:
Hi Zachary and thanks for the reply.

Wonder if you need that tablet to use the dot or can it be stand alone?
Does it respond to voice commands and does it access Siri or someone like
her? Is there a text manual I can download from, maybe, amazon? Maybe
someone has done a tutorial, huh? If possible, I would use it like I do the

stream; connected to the stereo or computer speakers to enhance the sound?
Appreciate your thoughts.
Howarde

From: "Howard Traxler" <howard@traxlerenterprises.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:51:26 -0600
Subject: [TechTalk] Those Amazon Devices

Is anyone using one of those amazon devices: the Echo, Tap, or Dot? I
understand that they are named those three. My friend has the Tap but
says it will not connect to an emplifier for better sound. I'd like to
hear about anyone's experience and recommendations. I have the VR Stream

but my friend says the amazon device is even more fun. I'd sure like to
know more.

Thanks, anybody.
Howarde

Bluetooth devices, and accessories