Re: accessible router

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Haha, used one of those routers too. DDWRT ran like a champ. grins

On 9/26/2015 6:29 PM, Carlos wrote:
According to this Wikipedia article,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD-WRT
The firmware project's name, DD-WRT, was taken in part from the Linksys
WRT54G model router, a successful home router popular in 2002–2004, for
which the
first replacement firmware was written. "DD" are the German license plate
letters for all cars from Dresden, where the "Brainslayers" development team
lived. "WRT", also used by the
OpenWRT
router firmware project, is coming to be a generic abbreviation for
"Wireless RouTer", which may have been Linksys's original meaning.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pablo Morales" <pablocmd2014@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible router

What does DDRWT stand for?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 2:09 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Having just installed the latest DDWRT a few days ago on my Netgear, the
wndr3700v2, these are some things you may want to keep in mind if you
change over to using it. First, be aware that there may be slight
differences in what you read about in the documentation and what you
actually see in the web interface, differences in how things are named,
extra settings that may be covered elsewhere, etc. The two that come to
mind, when you wish to set the TXPower for the two supported bands and
the page that lets you configure things like your SSID, channel,
wireless mode, some of these options aren't exactly configured the way
the locally stored documentation in the firmware says they should be.
Either way, I'd highly recommend trying it out at least, if your device
is supported by it.
Take care.
Blessings.
On 9/26/2015 8:21 AM, Norman wrote:
Hi.
I would recommend getting a router that is supported by dd-wrt.
This is very accessible firmware.
Here is the link to a router database that should tell you if a router
is compatible or not.
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
note, i looked for your router but didn't see it.

HTH.

On 9/25/2015 9:34 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Linksys a6500 at home, it is an smart wifi router,and I am
getting some problems with the web interface of this router. I need a
good routher that allows to connect at least 15 wifi devices multi
tasking, , dual band, and with an UI accessible. It is the most
important thing for me, I am not able to modify the settings in my
routehr due to the accessibility problems.

Any advice?

Thanks for all,