From: Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Looking for a method to quickly determine carbs on packaging of food products

As Rob says, this is the way people in general purchase things they can't
afford. Cars, houses, phones, appliances, and so on. It has nothing to do
with being blind and I don't believe anyone is under the misconception that
they're paying less, but it means the difference between being able to have
those things and not having them. Even most sighted people don't casually
shell out $800 for an iPhone. They make payments just like everyone else.
From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@verizon.net
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 06:48:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Looking for a method to quickly determine
carbs on packaging of food products

So how come so many blind people can afford an IPhone, which
costs about $500, plus $70 a month for service? This works out
to about the same cost as an ID Mate for the first year of
service. After that, an IPhone costs over $800 a year to operate
it every single year you own it. Yet, the unemployment rate
among the blind is allegedly 70%. Either there are a lot of rich
blind folks out there or else the unemployment rate among the
blind is being greatly exaggerated by the advocacy groups.

Gerald

Date: 01/29/17