From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 11:06 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 1 Touch to Unblock Websites

Not necessarily, but the stub downloader will download/install promotional
software along with the legitimate software if you are not careful to refuse
the included offers.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 10:44 pm

The problem is that CNET now quite often uses their own stub downloader
which is what includes the promotional software. So whether they
download
it directly from CNET or someone else hosting the file, there is still
the
risk of unintentionally installing junkware.
From: Mohamed <malhajamy@gmail.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 10:07 pm

Now if only I had an internet connection with my VM, I'd test it out
in
there first.

Indeed, that is a big concern with CNET downloads these days.