Re: Windows Size Memory Not Being Retained

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

I stand corrected, thank you.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2017 9:07 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Size Memory Not Being Retained

Menus are not additional windows.  The structure at almost the top of the screen in a typical Windows program is called a menu bar for a reason.  The bar extends from left to right across the top of the screen.  Movement follows design.  When you press alt, you are moved to the menu bar.  When you right or left arrow, you are moving from one menu to another.  When you press enter or down or up arrow, you are opening a menu and the menu extends down from the menu bar.  Since it extends down, you use the up and down arrows to move through the menu you opened.  If you up arrow while on the menu bar, the menu you are on opens and you jump to the end of the menu.  If you down arrow, you start moving down the menu items from the bar downward.

Thus, in a file menu, down arrowing once will place you on new if that is the first item below the menu bar.

While such a discussion may be of interest because people are curious, knowing something about structures and being aware that movement on the keyboard follows structure, helps in working with programs where review methods need to be used along with a virtual mouse to work in a program that isn't fully accessible.

gene

Gene----- Original Message -----