Re: trimming an audio file in goldwave
Hi, Keith,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
There are a couple of ways to do the trimming. I'll give you the simplest way.
1. Locate the start of the section you wish to keep.
2. Press the start marker button (left bracket).
3. Press control-T. All data before the start marker will be deleted.
4. Begin playing the file. Playback should start where you intended. If it begins in the wrong place, press control-Z. Doing that will restore the file to its original state. Set a new start point and repeat the above steps.
5. Move to the end of the section you wish to keep.
6. PPress the start marker.
7. Press the delete key. The unneeded section will be deleted. This is true because the finish marker is already at the proper point.
I hope this helps.
----- Original Message -----
From: Keith S <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:47
Subject: [TechTalk] trimming an audio file in goldwave