Re: Carlos: SnapShot and TWPE

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

The disk from my own ISO was not bootable, obviously I missed something.

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Carlos: SnapShot and TWPE

When you run the self-extracting archive, it should load the included ISO image into BurnCDCC if you select the
"Burn Image To Disc"
button.  You should then be able to write it to a DVD by choosing the
"Start"
button.  Can you provide more information or tell me what exactly doesn't work?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:09 AM

I imagined that was the case so far as updating the PE images is concerned. Windows 10 or 7 for that matter does not change so much that you would be required to modify those items very often.

I was able to make a bootable flash drive with any burn, but making a bootable optical disc is as of yet escaped me. I even tried to use the program you included in your distribution package by pointing it to the ISO file I created.

With luck one day I will stumble across the right method. Do you have any suggestions in this area?

Booting off of a flash drive when it works is nice and quick I must say.

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:03 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback.  Updating the images and maintaining the documentation is quite a bit of work which is one reason there are very few new releases.  It's also usually not worth the effort unless there's something significant that needs to be added or updated.
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:40 PM

Just to jump in here, I’d like to mention that last week I was able to add Image for windows to your PE environments for my own personal usage. I’m kind of impressed at the documentation you included.

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:55 PM

OK, thanks Carlos.

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: 22 February 2017 19:36

Hi John,

I did create a script some time ago which makes it possible to include your own portable utilities on the USB drive and even add shortcuts dynamically at startup in the PE.  For more information, review the comments in the file named
shortcuts.ini.example
in the root of the
Programs
folder.

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Carlos: SnapShot and TWPE

Hi Carlos,

Not sure whether you will know, but wanted to incorporate Drive SnapShot into the TWPE. I tried it by just placing the Snapshot64.exe file in the root of the USB and it seemed to work, but wanted to try and incorporate it as an installed piece of software. Is this possible? Read the documentation, but couldn’t really find anything that helped. It may be that placing the file in the root is the only solution, but I thought if anyone would know an alternative it would be you (smile).

Many thanks.

John.

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans

David Ferrin
df7782@...

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.