Re: IE11 & Speed Up Browsing

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I have long ago abandoned IE 11 for either google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.  Maybe try those as alternatives.  It's less of a headache, at least for me.  Cheers!

On 2/24/2017 7:26 PM, John Gregory wrote:

Hi Mike, and latterly Kimsan,

Yes, agree, this annoying pop-up notification is really a pain. I originally thought it was something to do with Flash being incorporated within IE11 on Windows 10, but after investigating the problem more deeply it appears to be a performance issue relating to, what Microsoft perceive to be, slow add-ons. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the way to disable this is:

1. Press the Windows key and type (without the quotes): 'gpedit' and press  Enter on the 'Edit Group Policy, Control Panel' (this may be phrased differently in Windows 7, but essentially the same);

2. Down arrow to 'User Configuration' (this tree should be open, so continue down the list);

3. Down arrow to 'Administrative Templates' and right arro to open the extended tree;

4. Down arrow to 'Windows Components' and right arrow to open the extended tree;

5. Down arrow to 'Internet Explorer' (don't open the extended tree here);

6. Tab once and then down arrow to 'Turn off add-on performance notifications' and press the Enter key;

7. Tab twice to the options, it should be set to 'not configured', so down arrow twice to 'disabled';

8. Tab to 'OK' and press Enter key;

9. Close the Group Policy Editor.

Hopefully this will resolve your problems.

HTH

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: 24 February 2017 03:05
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] IE11 & Speed Up Browsing

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 & IE11.  I dan't quote the message exactly, but do any of you recall getting a message when you 1st open IE11 that says something like, to speed up browsing you can disable add-ons...., then you press, Alt + N, to get a couple of options?  What I'm wanting to know is , does anyone recall if there's an option to not show this message any more?  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.