Re: IE11 & Speed Up Browsing

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I have long ago abandoned IE 11 for either google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.  Maybe try those as alternatives.  It's less of a headache, at least for me.  Cheers!

On 2/24/2017 7:26 PM, John Gregory wrote:

Hi Mike, and latterly Kimsan,

Yes, agree, this annoying pop-up notification is really a pain. I originally thought it was something to do with Flash being incorporated within IE11 on Windows 10, but after investigating the problem more deeply it appears to be a performance issue relating to, what Microsoft perceive to be, slow add-ons. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the way to disable this is:

1. Press the Windows key and type (without the quotes): 'gpedit' and press  Enter on the 'Edit Group Policy, Control Panel' (this may be phrased differently in Windows 7, but essentially the same);

2. Down arrow to 'User Configuration' (this tree should be open, so continue down the list);

3. Down arrow to 'Administrative Templates' and right arro to open the extended tree;

4. Down arrow to 'Windows Components' and right arrow to open the extended tree;

5. Down arrow to 'Internet Explorer' (don't open the extended tree here);

6. Tab once and then down arrow to 'Turn off add-on performance notifications' and press the Enter key;

7. Tab twice to the options, it should be set to 'not configured', so down arrow twice to 'disabled';

8. Tab to 'OK' and press Enter key;

9. Close the Group Policy Editor.

Hopefully this will resolve your problems.

HTH

John.