Re: fire tablet vs iPad

Laz

There are developers who develop for one platform or the other and
some who develop for both. There are some examples of apps that came
to Android first before they became available on iOS. What Amazon did
was take the Android OS and the Screen reader, TalkBack, and modify it
for easier use on their hardware. For what Kinsan said he wanted to do
with a tablet the Fire tablet is a very good solution besides speaking
of echo systems he may not wish to wrestle with iTunes when he wants
to put music on his tablet, etc. Copying and pasting is so much
easier... But ultimately it is up to each individual to decide for
themselves. I have no issues with any platform I use iOS, android, and
Fire with equal ease.

Laz

On 2/26/17, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:
Even if the tablets are comparable and accessible, consider the echo system
of apps. My understanding is that Android has made strides in the
accessibility field, but apps are what will ultimately determine your user
experience. Apple is pretty well regarded in this aspect and generally,
developers create and update content for the iOS platform before Android.

Even with Fire tablets becoming more blind/VI user friendly, that’s not
the same as apps running on that modified OS being blind/VI user
friendly.

For a price comparison , i just saw a deal for a refurb iPad Mini 4th gen
64GB gB gold from Apple going for $375. Not that gold is an ideal
pick, but who doesn’t put a tablet in a case anyway?

Food for thought.