Re: real quick linux VM question

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
yes, I was talking about the same, sorry if I didn't make it clear. the menu within VM player. I'm aware of the alt-p menu, but I wasn't aware of the other one, alt-m. I knew of tools, but never knew how to access it, hence the question. I highlighted a VM, pressed alt-m, but nothing happened. how does this work exactly, please?

Sent from Thunderbird

On 02/03/17 11:32 PM, Norman wrote:
Hi.

He's talking about the tools menu in the vmware program itself, not the
virtual machine. On my system the settings would actually be under the
vm menu. With focus on vmware press alt m.

HTH.

On 3/2/2017 5:13 PM, Rajmund wrote:
OK, this thing booted, in fact,am writing from it, since am here. but
how do I gt=et to tools on the VMWARE menu? I only know of the alt-p
command. never found tools... and how do I access the screen reader
settings in vinux?

On 02/03/17 21:22, Rob wrote:
Rajmund <brajmund2000@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, so another question. how and where would I connect the display, so
my linux sees it? wouldn't I have to have speech first
Just connect your display to the computer as normal.
In VMWare, you have an option
"Removable devices"
under the tools menu, I think.
Under that menu entry is your braille display. Have it disconnect
from host and connect to guest. If it is USB, BRLTTY will see it and
you will have braille. That has always worked reliably for me.