Re: How to reply privately

Gene

I'm not sure just what you are doing nor where you are when you use control c and control v.  Are you saying that when you open the message properties and execute the control c command, that my address is placed in the clipboard>  Then are you saying you start a completely new message and paste? 

It would be a good idea to gather information about how to reply privately in different programs and compile it in one message containing it all.  Then it could be sent to appropriate lists. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to reply privately

Gene, I tried your command, since it's always good to know another one. It does not work in Outlook 2013, but what does is get at the message like on yours for the Alt Enter, hit Control C. I started a new message, hit Control V, and there was your address. Also in 2013, a user can hit Shift Control up through the fields, get to the personal address and copy that, but it is so easy to just hit Control C outside the message on the list, then start a new one and hit Control v.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 8:58 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] How to reply privately

Considering how many times over the years, I see blind people on different lists not know how to respond privately to someone, here are instructions that will work on some, perhaps many, e-mail programs.

Be on the message in the message list.
Open the message properties with alt enter, that is, hold alt and press enter.
Issue the command control tab.
Try down arrowing.  If you can't down arrow, tab once.  Now try down arrowing again.  If you have to tab once, do that every time you follow this procedure before down arrowing.
Now start down arrowing through the message headers.
There will be a lot of information but you will find a line that says from and then gives the address of the sender.
Move to the start of the address.
Then use the command shift end to select it.
Copy it to the clipboard.
Close properties with escape.
Then start a new message and paste the address into the clipboard.

Some e-mail lists won't display the original sender's address in the properties or anywhere else but many lists do.

It would be a good idea if people would send instructions about how to reply privately with different e-mail programs.  I know the method I gave works in Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail and, presumably Windows Mail.  I don't know if it works in Word or Thunderbird.

Gene

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.