registry compactor

Troy Burnham

A little further down on the page that has the regbak program there's something called a registry compactor.  Has anybody used this?  It's been a couple of years since I've had any work done on this computer and in that time I've installed and uninstalled an unknown number of programs, and the registry compactor program claims to reduce the size of the registry presumably by getting rid of the fragments left by uninstalled programs and thus speeding up boot time, but I don't want to use it if it needs any input from me because I don't want to mess things up.

Troy