Re: Jaws 40 minute demo mode activates at startup whether Jaws is running or not

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

For what it is worth I have noticed that open book has started acting in this manner. I have version 9 demo, the original that does not expire but if the system has been on for more than 40 minutes then it needs to be rebooted before I can scan anything.

Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws 40 minute demo mode activates at startup whether Jaws is running or not

Yes, very much so. I normally use NVDA, but occasionally want to run something else to see how it plays with a certain application or site. If this is a change, I'll have to make a list or reminder of what I want to do next time I reboot. GRR!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws 40 minute demo mode activates at startup whether Jaws is running or not

I'm not sure.  It could be, but I haven't personally tested JAWS 18 in demo mode.  Although that would be an annoying change.
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:48 PM

Yes. The 40 minute mode apparently starts when the computer does, or reboots. if I go to use Jaws any time after 40 minutes is up after turning the computer on or restarting, I'm told to press enter to reboot so that Jaws can run in 40 minute mode, and without the authorization window popping up. If I wait to run Jaws 22 minutes after the current Windows session has started, 18 minutes remain of my 40 minutes.
Travis
Could this be new behavior for FS products?
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:21 PM

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Do you mean that even if JAWS is not configured to run at startup, time you spend using the machine counts towards the 40 minutes once it is started?
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:27 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws 40 minute demo mode activates at startup whether Jaws is running or not

When I've had Jaws on the computer in the past in 40 minute demo mode, the program has waited to start 40 minute demo mode when Jaws was activated. I haven't had Jaws on this computer in a while. I decided to go ahead and install Jaws 18, and I went through the startup wizard, and checked the settings to make sure nothing is activating at startup.
Now, whether I use jaws immediately, or wait till the the current computer session has been running for a while, the 40 minute demo mode activates itself at computer startup.
Is this new behavior, or is something wrong on my end? Running Windows 7, 64-bit.
Thanks for any help.
Travis

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.