Re: Virtual Recorder

Carlos

It only needs to be configured as the default audio device if you are using the
"Virtual Capture Device/What You Hear"
option.  If you want to use the card's inputs directly, you have to select either the
"Sound Card"
or
"Both"
option.  In either case, make sure that the USB audio device is connected to the computer before you start Virtual Recorder.  Virtual Recorder only scans for available audio devices when it first runs.  Also, when the device is connected, make sure it appears in Control Panel.  Open the
"Run"
dialog by pressing Windows key+R and type
mmsys.cpl
followed by Enter.  Navigate to the
"Recording"
tab and make sure the device is listed.  If it is not listed in the
"Recording"
tab, it will not be listed in Virtual Recorder either.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual Recorder

Hi Gene, it is the one that came with the laptop and I haven’t installed any software relating to the soundcard.

Mark

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 30 March 2017 20:57
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual Recorder

Is the sound card connected?  You will only see it if it is.  Also, have yu installed the software for the soundcard?  If you haven't. you may not see any or almost no options for working with the sound card such as when you change the recording source in the Windows volume control. 

Gene

Gene

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:36 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Virtual Recorder

Hi, I am trying to use virtual recorder on a laptop but when I chose soundcard the only option I see on the next tab is realtech microphone.

I am trying to record through the USB.  What do I need to change so I see the USB?

Many thanks

Mark

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.