Re: Keyboard recommendations needed

Brent Harding

I thought usually that mac keyboards have the alt and windows keys swapped, but you can use programs like Sharp Keys to remap them to be the proper way for Windows.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Keyboard recommendations needed

Perfect.  Thanks again.

George

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Very few keyboards are that OS specific.  Although some are designed with a certain operating system in mind.  Also, I am using it on Windows an if you read further down the page, it does list Windows compatibility.
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:40 PM

Thanks Carlos. 
I looked at both of them.  The second one is described as being for mac computers.  Do you use it on a windows pc as well?

George

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:00 PM

The following are both keyboards which I personally own.  The first one
is a full-sized keyboard which has a built-in touchpad and uses an RF USB dongle.  The second one
uses bluetooth, can pair with up to 5 separate devices, and can also be used in USB wired mode.  Both have the F keys assigned to the standard functions by default.
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:34 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Keyboard recommendations needed

I must work with a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.  It is running windows 7 professional.  Rather than lose productivity while learning my screen reader’s laptop layout, I thought I’d invest in a full-sized wireless keyboard.  I can use either blue tooth or usb dongle type keyboards.  I want one that can be easily configured such that the function keys perform like the old style pf keys without pressing the fn key.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Thank you,
George

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.