Re: question how to record audio book tapes to mp3 using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut.

Mich Verrier

hi ok. how much would a external soundcard be? from Mich.

Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 9:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question how to record audio book tapes to mp3 using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut.

You may need to get an external soundcard with a line-in jack.  Some single jack sound cards or two jack sound cards allow you to switch the jack to serve different purposes but I don't know how well such arrangements work.

After you solve the sound card problem, you will need to know how to set the recording source to line-in. 

It may not make much difference which of the two recording programs you use in terms of ease of use for the kind of simple recording you want to do.  But before discussing the recording program, the sound card question needs to be addressed.

\Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 8:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] question how to record audio book tapes to mp3 using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut.

hello all. I have a few audio books on tape that I want to digitise using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut. my questions is how to do this using these programs? I have the stuff as far as the cables and a tape deck and a pc. my dell laptop has only one jack and my hp lap top has 2. one is for the speekers and the other is a hed phone jack. I did this years ago using goldwave and a xp pc and it had a jack at the back where I pluggd one end of the cable in and another end in to the hedphone jack on my pc and the sound from the tape deck came out of the speekers. that is what I want to do this time except with my lap top. I also don’t want to have jaws or any other background noise get in the recordings. if some one has dun this and can send me step by step instructions that would be grait many thanks. from Mich.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.