Re: question how to record audio book tapes to mp3 using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut.

Mich Verrier

hi ok. how much would a external soundcard be? from Mich.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 9:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question how to record audio book tapes to mp3 using eather goldwave or mp3 derect cut.

You may need to get an external soundcard with a line-in jack.  Some single jack sound cards or two jack sound cards allow you to switch the jack to serve different purposes but I don't know how well such arrangements work.

After you solve the sound card problem, you will need to know how to set the recording source to line-in.

It may not make much difference which of the two recording programs you use in terms of ease of use for the kind of simple recording you want to do.  But before discussing the recording program, the sound card question needs to be addressed.

\Gene