From: Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:00
Subject: Location Inquiry For Atomic Watches: Was: Re: [TechTalk] talking wrist watches

Hi Group,

For those who like this 4 alarm atomic talking wrist watch and who are having success with it's updating automatically, I would like to know just where you are living. The reason I ask is because I have had a lot of difficulty getting 3 of my devices to update living here in the Buffalo, New York area. Only one device updates consistently. I read somewhere that people along the east coast of the US have such issues.

Thanks for any response.

On 4/17/2017 8:15 PM, Mike Thomas wrote:

Here's what I found is almost the size of the band. Are you familiar with those spice container bottles which you get at discount stores? They're about 4 inches tall and many have tops that either turn or flip open. I found the band stretches just slightly when placing one of those inside of it. As for the band, I broke one by turning the watch inside out in the band. I couldn't find a band to fit it at the discount stores. It seems to be special, so I don't know if its resizeable or not, but I sort of think your wrist must be larger than one of those spice bottles. The watch I was talking about with the second hand having to stop a second from the number 7, is the atomic watch from blind mice mart. I wouldn't get that one, as it requires sighted help for setup. Blind mice mart also sells that 4 alarm deluxe watch that future aids carries, but the shipping makes it more costly than Future aids. Oh, one other thing about this atomic watch... It gives you talking instructions for how to set the time and date and everything. Pretty nice if you need to manually adjust it because it couldn't see the radio signal. I worried about it not seeing the signal, and did the putting it in the west facing window at night for a while. Then I forgot, and found it set itself even if I was wearing it at night. It will keep time to the second for a week or so anyway. Three pushes on the talk button will tell you if your watch is synced to the radio signal. You can also turn the watch off at anytime you want to stop it by pulling out the time set stem for the conventional watch hands, it saves the battery.
Mike