From: Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:43
Subject: Re: Location Inquiry For Atomic Watches: Was: [TechTalk] talking wrist watches

My windows face east, and we're at the bottom of a hill.
Plus about 30 feet from the east-facing windows are woods -
mighty tall trees making for nice view. So this has been
informative to me. I would think that trying to get an
anatomic watch for me would be a futile investment.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:00
Subject: Location Inquiry For Atomic Watches: Was: Re:
[TechTalk] talking wrist watches

Hi Group,

For those who like this 4 alarm atomic talking wrist watch
and who are having success with it's updating automatically,
I would like to know just where you are living. The reason
I ask is because I have had a lot of difficulty getting 3 of
my devices to update living here in the Buffalo, New York
area. Only one device updates consistently. I read
somewhere that people along the east coast of the US have
such issues.

Thanks for any response.

On 4/17/2017 8:15 PM, Mike Thomas wrote:

Here's what I found is almost the size of the band. Are
you familiar with those spice container bottles which you
get at discount stores? They're about 4 inches tall and
many have tops that either turn or flip open. I found the
band stretches just slightly when placing one of those
inside of it. As for the band, I broke one by turning the
watch inside out in the band. I couldn't find a band to fit
it at the discount stores. It seems to be special, so I
don't know if its resizeable or not, but I sort of think
your wrist must be larger than one of those spice bottles.
The watch I was talking about with the second hand having to
stop a second from the number 7, is the atomic watch from
blind mice mart. I wouldn't get that one, as it requires
sighted help for setup. Blind mice mart also sells that 4
alarm deluxe watch that future aids carries, but the
shipping makes it more costly than Future aids. Oh, one
other thing about this atomic watch... It gives you talking
instructions for how to set the time and date and
everything. Pretty nice if you need to manually adjust it
because it couldn't see the radio signal. I worried about
it not seeing the signal, and did the putting it in the west
facing window at night for a while. Then I forgot, and
found it set itself even if I was wearing it at night. It
will keep time to the second for a week or so anyway. Three
pushes on the talk button will tell you if your watch is
synced to the radio signal. You can also turn the watch off
at anytime you want to stop it by pulling out the time set
stem for the conventional watch hands, it saves the battery.
Mike