Re: problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Carlos

Since many laptops do not have a dedicated numeric keypad, the keys starting with J on the home row can be used to simulate the number keys.  Usually the mode for these keys has to be toggled either by NumLock or an Fn combination which simulates NumLock.  However on your keyboard, by default holding down Fn + F2 + any of the keys starting with J will produce numbers.  Alternatively, if you would prefer Fn + F2 to act as a NumLock toggle, a setting would have to be changed in the BIOS.

----- Original Message -----
From: Vicki
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Thank you. This is the same table I found as well. I wondered what In the BIOS, the POST Behaviour section, the keypad Embedded Option is set to Fn Key Only option by default. Change to By Numlock otherwise, you will need to press and hold the FN + F2 keys in order to use the embedded number keys meant. Could you please explain that?

I wish I could find a picture of the keyboard, better yet, a text description of the layout, to let me know if there really are no end or home keys.