Re: problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Carlos

Since many laptops do not have a dedicated numeric keypad, the keys starting with J on the home row can be used to simulate the number keys.  Usually the mode for these keys has to be toggled either by NumLock or an Fn combination which simulates NumLock.  However on your keyboard, by default holding down Fn + F2 + any of the keys starting with J will produce numbers.  Alternatively, if you would prefer Fn + F2 to act as a NumLock toggle, a setting would have to be changed in the BIOS.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Thank you. This is the same table I found as well. I wondered what In the BIOS, the POST Behaviour section, the keypad Embedded Option is set to Fn Key Only option by default. Change to By Numlock otherwise, you will need to press and hold the FN + F2 keys in order to use the embedded number keys meant. Could you please explain that?

I wish I could find a picture of the keyboard, better yet, a text description of the layout, to let me know if there really are no end or home keys.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

I suggested Left/Right Arrow because it is the most common configuration I have seen.  The Fn key combinations for the Dell Latitude E6330 are listed here
6231/latitude-e6330-keyboard-shortcut-function-guide?lang=EN
and Home/End are not listed.  How absolutely obnoxious of Dell to not include some way to simulate these keys.  Of course, this is the same company who thought getting rid of the NumLock key on keyboards with a numeric keypad was a good idea.
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & func    tion key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

You would think if the page up and down keys are there that the end and home keys would be there or there would be a way to get them using the function key. My best thought was fn with the page up and down, but I have tried those plus the right, left, up and down arrows as well as a few other keys.

Guess I will keep searching.

Thank you
 for trying.

Vicki

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:21 AM

Interesting.  Usually if these keys are not included, there is some way to simulate them using the Fn key.
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:11 AM

No, didn't work!

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:07 AM

Try Fn Left and Right Arrow.
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:03 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Good Morning,

I am using a Dell Model Latitude E6330
System Type x64 laptop and cannot find the end key or home key on this keyboard. There are both page up and page down keys, but no home or end keys that I can find. The function key does not seem to work with any of the keys to enable the home or end keys to function in either the desktop or laptop layout with JAWS.

In fact, the function key does not seem to work at all.

I have Googled, and although I have found information related to the computer and some commands for the function key, I have found nothing that willl solve the problem for me.

Does anyone use this computer and have a layout for the keyboard and a list of all the function key commands that will work with JAWS?

Thanks.

Vicki

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.