Re: problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Pamela Dominguez

I find, at least in windoweyes, that the help function doesn’t tell you all keys, just the regular ones.  When I got my Lenovo, and tried to find out what combinations of keys did what with the function key, it wouldn’t tell me.  I had to get a sighted person to look for me.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Why don’t you turn on keyboard help with jaws key and 1 on the number row

Now, start trying different combinations of keys with the pag up and page down keys

You will not break anything

Like control function and a key

Shift and a key

Jaws key control function

You get the idea.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: April 19, 2017 7:27
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

sometimes with some laptops I've seen, home and end are near the top right of the keyboard maybe a few keys to the right of f12.

On 4/19/2017 9:26 AM, Vicki wrote:

You would think if the page up and down keys are there that the end and home keys would be there or there would be a way to get them using the function key. My best thought was fn with the page up and down, but I have tried those plus the right, left, up and down arrows as well as a few other keys.

Guess I will keep searching.

Thank you

for trying.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:21 AM

Interesting.  Usually if these keys are not included, there is some way to simulate them using the Fn key.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:11 AM

No, didn't work!

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:07 AM

Try Fn Left and Right Arrow.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:03 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] problem with keyboard & function key using the Dell Model Latitude E6330

Good Morning,

I am using a Dell Model Latitude E6330
System Type x64 laptop and cannot find the end key or home key on this keyboard. There are both page up and page down keys, but no home or end keys that I can find. The function key does not seem to work with any of the keys to enable the home or end keys to function in either the desktop or laptop layout with JAWS.

In fact, the function key does not seem to work at all.

I have Googled, and although I have found information related to the computer and some commands for the function key, I have found nothing that willl solve the problem for me.

Does anyone use this computer and have a layout for the keyboard and a list of all the function key commands that will work with JAWS?

Thanks.

Vicki

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.