Re: Gmail.

Nimer Jaber

Fair point. However, many people I run into these days have multiple devices, and POP just makes a mess of things when you are using different devices.... IMAP does a much better job at keeping everything synced with your e-mail server while still allowing for offline access.

Thanks.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:07 PM Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
I'm not sure it really makes sense to say that one is better than the other.  It basically depends on your requirements and preferences.  I don't personally need Email synchronization and I prefer to store my messages locally so POP3 is what I use.  If I had a need for Email synchronization, then I would use IMAP.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Gmail.

I strongly disagree... IMAP allows for the syncing of messages and folders in real-time, and POP can't even begin to compare... IMAP all the way here. Of course I no longer use e-mail clients, but that is beside the point.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:46 PM John Gregory <stratplayer@...> wrote:
Hi Carolyn,

Why imap? It's a lot more trouble than using pop, especially when using
something like Outlook.

John.