From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:08 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Some Of This Week's Top Tech Tidbits

Hi All,

Here are some of this weeks top tech tidbits.

Top Tech Tidbits

2. This development could significantly enhance employment opportunities for the blind. There is said now to be an accessible screen-sharing alternative for the blind, and the iOS version may be even more accessible than the already-quite-accessible Windows version:
http://accessibleinsights.info/blog/2017/04/19/at-long-last-an-accessible-screen-sharing-solution-zoom/

5. Microsoft Office Lens is a free alternative to the KNFB Reader on the iPhone for reading print:
http://www.rsbc.org.uk/blogs/microsoft-office-lens-review-an-accessible-way-to-read-printed-documents/

6. The RNIB answers the question: "How does the Amazon Echo help people with a vision impairment?"
https://www.rnib.org.uk/nb-online/how-does-amazon-echo-help-disabled-people

7. Here are five videos demonstrating the use of smartphone apps that Henshaws deems to be most useful in compensating for sight loss. The page also lets you sign up for their monthly email announcement list so you can learn about future offerings:
https://www.henshaws.org.uk/apps/

11 A. The APH Talking Typer Program now comes to the iPhone for $4.95:
https://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=17047

16.) Victor Reader Stream Version 4.8 is available, bringing with it enhancements to the organization of voice notes, updated time synchronization, fixes and enhancements to NFB Newsline content, additional numeric text entry options and other fixes and improvements:
http://www.humanware.com/stream_support

SUBSCRIBE:
Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: http://bit.ly/1irUr9E. You can also subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com or by (SMS) texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your name and email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications. It's that easy.

WEBSITE:
Visit Flying Blind, LLC online at http://www.flying-blind.com.

Take care.
Mike